Scarf: Vintage; Dress: Shabby Apple; Belt: J.Crew Factory (similar); Shoes: Seychelles
Some tidbits from my days lately:
- Matt and I got yummy yogurt smoothies with boba at The Street today in Mesa. Usually, I like Lollicups in Chandler for my boba drinks, but we were in the area and thought, why not? It. Was. DELICIOUS.
- We also went to a Japanese grocery store and I felt nostalgic seeing a few products that we loved back when we lived in Japan. Inversely, we went to a supermarket the night before and stood in the massive cereal aisle and thought about how the Japanese survive on mainly cornflakes as their choice of cereal. How do they do it?
- Also in the supermarket trip, we stocked up on lots of post-Easter Cadbury chocolates. Has Easter become my second favorite holiday (after Christmas, of course)?
- I made Matt drive a day and a half after he got back, fully aware of the differences between driving here and in Japan. I think it's funny that he now tries to back up into every parking spot and once flashed his hazards as a 'thank you' to a driver who let him in their lane.
- I've caught Matt up on lots of important American pop culture anecdotes... such as who Pitbull is and what "yolo" means.
It's been fun. Last night, we were taking a night drive and Matt suggested that we embrace our Southwestern desert and take more photos in it. So this is us, attempting to cherish our roots of dirt, shrubbery, and the occasional piece of trash. I dig.
This dress is a recent acquisition from Shabby Apple. I looove having this bright dress in my closet, and the little scallops make me so happy. I definitely want to add more dresses and less separates to my closet as summer comes along...